Wednesday, October 24, 2007

The Sunset That Lasted All Day

I am sure many of you have heard of the fires that are currently happening in Southern California. Yesterday I could start smelling the smoke in the air, and driving inland I could see the grey skies overhead. Being near the beach and having the wind blowing helps keep the air moving. But today was different, the air was still. I had to close all the windows and run the AC. It was up to 90, which for El Segundo if very hot. The grey sky just loomed over the city as well as the smell of smoke. When I dropped off Madeleine at preschool today, the sun was giving not its bright yellow light, but a dimmed orange light over the city. This effect made it feel as if the sun was setting, and it felt that way all day. Madeleine's teacher told me when dropping her off, that they would be playing inside all day, which I was greatful for. Even short trips to her preschool and the store would make me feel sick. Luckily the fires aren't near us, and making for some great sunsets.

No comments: