Monday, June 25, 2012

Birthday

Madeleine turned 8 this month!  I really can't believe it.  She was so excited to have a birthday party.  I was worried about the party, just because her last birthday party (6) was a bit of a mess.  But this time, things went smoothly.

She had about 9 friends show up.  We started by decorating shrinky dinks, and putting them on key chains.  Then we did some rely races with legos.  While I was getting the lego cake ready, they had to count all the little lego men cutouts that were taped everywhere downstairs.  After cake was presents, then they had about 10-15 minutes of free play before parents started picking them up.

I decided to go all out for the party.  Her next birthday party will be when she is 10, and I figure the party games and such won't be what she wants.  (She'll probably want a movie with friends, or a sleep over.)

And here is the lego cake!




I used the tutorial by Betty Crocker.  It took me about 2 hours to do, it was harder than I thought it would be.  I don't do cakes, cookies, or really bake anymore since we've changed our eating habits.  But it was fun, Madeleine even helped me with the first half, and then decided to go do something else. 

Cory was a great help for the party, and even ran in some of the rely races with the kids.  I am so lucky :)

1 comment:

Lisa said...

Wow, what a party! Can you come do my kids' parties? Good Job! You are the best momma. BTW LOVE Legos!