Monday, July 9, 2012

Kitchen Art


In order to save some money on decorating the house, Cory and I picked out some of my art work from college.  I bought some frames and mat board, and was able to frame two of my prints, but unfortunately the frame for the painting will have to wait.  I didn't realize how much framing an actual canvas could cost.  I figure the exposed canvas, just lets people know it is an original work...



I forgot how long it takes to center a print.  But I liked how they turned out.  Our kitchen has a lot of browns, so I thought the burgundy mat board and the red and blue in the painting would add some color.  All three pieces are on the same long wall, and I think it turned out well. 



2 comments:

Lisa said...

Nice! I love it!

Nats said...

It is weird being a grown-up. Thinking, "do I want this here... FOREVER?"