Wednesday, December 3, 2008

The Face Book, And The Joys Of Cars

I'm not sure how Emily convinced me to sign up for it, but she has powers that others do not have. So I did it. Signed up so old friends could find me. Guess I can't take it back now, and so my internet addiction continues.

Yesterday our car died. I had dropped Madeleine off at her speech school, went to the office to turn in rent, and boom car won't start. The maintenance guy was really nice and gave me a jump, and I was able to get the car back to the apartment, barely. The alternator broke, to the point that after I got the jump and started to drive away... the car wasn't getting enough juice while driving that I was inching to our apartment.

I then called Cory and since his school is only a few blocks from Madeleine's school, he walked over and Madeleine and him rode the bus home, while I waited for a tow truck driver for the car. Madeleine cried that the car was broken, but very excited about the bus. I guess she talked to the bus driver the whole time.

Mechanics said the earliest they could get to the car would be Thursday, course that was 3 days earlier than the other places we called. Welcome to Tennessee I guess? I'm always surprised when we call and something needs to be fixed they will take a few days before they get out here.

So our only car is in the shop. Cory and I are wondering if its time to start thinking of other options, since it seems to keep having problems. But on the other hand, at least it isn't like last Christmas Eve when the car broke down at 4 p.m. We were at least able to get it towed, but no mechanics were open to even take it till after the holiday. Maybe I should have said that AFTER Christmas Eve... since that is still a possibility.

4 comments:

Lisa said...

Ugh I hate car stuff! I'm sorry! But I'm glad you're on face book. My sisters convinced me to do it, and at least I've found some old friends!

Unknown said...

Welcome aboard!

Kirsten said...

wait I think I've met emily from back in the BYU days?? is it the same? and lisa for that matter. but that was also back in like 2001.

Kirsten said...

and good now you can be my friend on facebook!