Friday, June 6, 2008

Pluck THEN Mascara

Yes we are alive. We've been busy getting settled in. I believe all the boxes are unpacked, but whether things are where they need to be... that's a whole different story. I'm hoping by the end of next week we'll have everything put away and even some pictures on the wall.

I was lucky to find a part-time job as a bank teller, just waiting to see if I pass the drug tests and the background check. I hopefully will be starting next Friday. And yes I'm already stressing about Madeleine and pre-school and daycare.

I signed Madeleine up for a play group at Little Gym on Wednesdays. Get to know some other kids in the area, I'm sure she gets pretty bored with just Cory and I all the time. I got the paperwork started for Madeleine's pre-school, now just a matter of time for them to get the proper papers from El Segundo and then for them to evaluate Madeleine... so you know... hopefully by August something will be set up for her.

Cory is looking for an internship or volunteer work.

It is definitely hot and humid here. I'm already running the AC, and we've been to the pool as often as we can. I unfortunately forgot sunscreen the other day so my shoulders are BURNED... you know when you have to line up your bra straps to exactly where the white line on your shoulder is... yeah... good times.

I was a genius this morning and decided to pluck my eyebrows after putting on mascara. Let me tell you, this doesn't work out so well. And the real sad thing is, this isn't the first time I've done that.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Yay on the bank teller job! I always wanted to be one. Pre-school will be great. Nothing to worry about.
And almost every day I question myself on mascara application. More because I'm a frequent crier than for plucking purposes. You're funny.

Lisa said...

Oh good, I'm glad you're settled! Yeah, setting up the preschool thing can be stressful, but once it's in place, isn't it nice? And good luck with the job! I hate starting new jobs. But after you know what you're doing it isn't so bad! Wow, I guess it's just like preschool. weird...