Saturday, April 19, 2008

We Got It!

We got our apartment in Tennessee! YAY! My stress level for the move has gone down, now that we like... actually have a place to put our stuff once we do make the 40 hour drive. Cory is wanting to make the drive in 3 days. We will be stopping in Utah to visit family for 2 days, so at least it will be broken up a little bit.

Also family has visited and gone and Cory and I have started packing once again. We packed up and moved stuff that was under our bed. The scary world of "I don't know where to put this... OH I KNOW under the bed I'll deal with it LATER". I believe there were things that I put there after we moved here 2 years ago that I haven't missed or even thought about.

It'll be like Christmas when we move to Tennessee as our kitchen boxes are still in the garage since the move 2 years ago. I don't remember anything that we have in them.

Now to just make a few trips to Goodwill so we don't have to move things we don't want. And I know the last few weeks will go a lot faster than I want them too, but it will be exciting to get to our new home.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

hooray for the goodwill. Sometimes I wish that everything would burn to the ground so I wouldn't have to sort through and decide what memories to save. But there are about 3 things I would miss, plus the stuff we actually use.
And congrats on your new apartment!

ktorrek said...

I still have boxes that I packed when I left college. I've moved four times since then.

I've also found that as time goes on, I gather more stuff that isn't really useful but that I can't get rid of; stuff like mortgage papers and taxes and crap.