Monday, September 10, 2007

Peace and Quiet

Well Madeleine went to her first day of pre-school today. I'm assuming she did ok, as the teacher didn't say anything to me when I went to pick her up. The pre-school is only about 3 blocks away (and I will say ONE BIG HILL) easy enough to walk to, since Cory and I still only have one car. After dropping her off I came home, and just sat on the couch for a few minutes. It was... quiet... oh so quiet. No noise of video games, the tv, computers or Cory chasing Madeleine around making her squeal, just quiet. To celebrate this amazing feeling of not having to take care of anyone I cleaned the kitchen. Exciting I KNOW! Well at least I'm excited. I also took a power nap, one that wasn't interrupted every 5 minutes. Madeleine will be going to pre-school Monday, Wednesday and Friday from noon to three. Not a terribly long time, but I think this will be a very good thing for her and me. Maybe, just maybe I'll feel just a little sane.

2 comments:

Lisa said...

Oh my gosh that sounds like heaven! I've been thinking about preschool too, Maddi needs some more interaction with other kids! I'm glad she's doing good and I'm glad you have a second to yourself!

Unknown said...

Wow. So grown up. And good for you for the kitchen and the nap! You make me proud.