Tuesday, September 4, 2007

High School And Ten Years Later

Living 2 blocks away from my High School, I had assumed that I'd be going to my high school reunion when it came about. Well a week ago or so I got an invitation in the mail that my 10 year high school reunion would be this month. It is being held in Torrance and its $100 to go for an evening. I must admit I was hoping for something more casual and free-er (I know its not a word). So I'm most likely not going. There are very VERY few people that I want to see from high school and $100 dollars isn't something Cory and I can spare right now, especially if it means me having a mediocre night talking with people I really don't want to be talking to.

Today I'm going to attempt to get Madeleine in some pre-school classes. I'm hoping this will help her speech as well as make her more independent of me, and of course give me some sanity time. She's potty trained and ready to go... I hope.

It's been STUPID hot here the last week or so. Where you wake up and its already hotter outside than in, and with the humidity you just feel sticky if you stay out too long. Today is also Cory's day off, and we'll most likely go to the beach just cause it can't be too hot there (and its cheap).

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Yay for cheap! And I didn't go to my 10 year, either. High school just wasn't that great.

Lisa said...

I went to my 10 year a couple of weeks ago. Ok I freaking helped plan it (NOT by choice, I was guilted into it!) It wasn't so bad, I was able to see people that I actually wanted to see but seeing people that I REALLY did not like made me wish I wasn't there. So it's a toss up. I say go so you can see all the jocks that have lost their hair....It IS funny...