Tuesday, November 13, 2007

Law School?

Nothing like preparing for things last minute, am I right? A few weeks ago Cory came to the decision that he is going to go to law school. After the struggles that we have had with finding work and his current problems at Game Stop, he woke me up at about 1 am and said, "I'm going to go to law school." my response was "I have no comment at this time." And why? Cause he just woke me up from a deep sleep at 1 am! We talked it over and he took a practice LSAT and we decided, if we start on it 100% right away, he may get into law school somewhere for next year. This means taking the LSAT December 1st, and getting in applications to law school by Janurary. Then we get to wait and see if he can start school next September or August, and start in on the student loans (and we all know how much I love debt). Cory feels really good about the decision, so wish us luck!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

yay! Perfect! Debt aside, it must feel good to have a plan.

Lisa said...

Holy Moses! That sounds awesome, where is he thinking about going? Yeah, staying out of debt can be so hard, but it's worth it!

karin said...

I have done the Law School thing and it is not that bad. And really the debt thing is worth it.
Is he planning on going somewhere where he can work still? I have heard of people doing that but it takes 5 years! instead of the typical 3 (we did it in 2 and a bit because Bryan could go during summer).
Emily has my email if you want more advice about surviving law school as a single mother.