Friday, May 18, 2007

Four Years And Still Going

Our anniversary is on May 9th, and this year marked four years of being married. Our friend Charlotte was nice enough to watch Madeleine while Cory and I went to a grown-up restaurant. We went to the Santa Monica Bistro (http://bistroofsantamonica.com/). It was perfect. Cory had sword fish and I had a bowtie pasta with a pesto sauce. We also tried their Chocolate Souffle, which you have to order when while eating your entree since it takes 20 minutes to prepare. This place was absolutely delicious, for the environment and the quality of the food, the prices were more than worth it for me. I know, I'm talking a lot about the food, but it was so good and a nice change of pace from the Chili's that we go to regularly.

After the restaurant we rented N'ever After came home and watched it with Madeleine. Our gift that we decided on was getting our car fixed.

So it was a pretty quiet anniversary, but with some really good food. Which is the most important thing right?

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Happy anniversary! Glad you had good food, and what a great present to each other on the car fixing thing. My parents always used to do that when they were poor: like my mom got tires for her birthday, that sort of thing.

chunkymonkey said...

Natalie, nice to see you are blogging. And I just read about the SantaMonicaBistro on the airplane on the way back from Em's. Your review was much more descriptive, and just as enthusiastic, as the magazine's. Hmmm....have you ever secretly wanted to be a food critic for airline magazines? Not that I have any connections, just opinions.